Monday, December 20, 2010
14 Tips to Stay Off the Naughty List
In order to make Santa’s Nice List as a grant writer, here are some things to do in your grant work:
1. Always tell the truth in your narrative.
2. Always follow the RFP outline carefully.
3. Always proof and edit until your narrative is perfecto.
4. Always follow the formatting requirements.
5. Always charge an ethical fee.
6. Always complete all of your contract obligations.
7. Always help other grant writers out.
8. Always make your deadlines.
9. Always remember to thank your clients and keep them informed about new opportunities.
10. Always use the services of a good editor.
11. Always deliver an electronic copy of the narrative to your client.
12. Always keep careful grant submission evidence.
13. Always keep your electronic files organized.
14. Always leave milk and cookies for Santa.
Santa is probably putting the finishing touches on his Naughty List for this year so I’m not sure if you have time to make up for any lapses, but it’s never too late to get started! Giving your clients everything they deserve will definitely put you high on Santa’s Nice List. I hope Santa brings you exactly what you want for Christmas.
About Creative Resources & Research
- Grant Goddess
- Woodland, CA, United States
- Creative Resources and Research is a consulting firm specializing in grant writing, grant seeking, program evaluation and professional development training. We have worked with hundreds of clients including public and private schools, school districts, universities, non-profit organizations, and social service agencies throughout California, securing over $155 million from federal, state and private foundation funding sources over the past decade. Our primary grant writers and program evaluators have over 50 years of combined experience in the education and social services fields. At CRR we prefer a personal approach to the clients we work with; by developing long term relationships, we are better suited to match client’s needs with available funding sources. We provide a variety of services to help assist you, including grant writing, evaluation consulting, professional development opportunities, and workshops.