A couple of years ago I was contracted to write some grants for a non-profit organization named Challenge Aspen in Colorado. My grant research led me to the Walmart Foundation’s State grant program and I was soon on my way to a grant writing success story.
The grant proposal we submitted secured a grant of $30,000 to support an important outdoor Challenge Aspen Military Options (CAMO) program for disabled female veterans. The program supports courageous women striving to re-build their lives after being disabled in the wars.
There were a number of important factors that contributed to this grant writing success:
- Challenge Aspen does great work and documents what they do.
- Challenge Aspen has a staff and a budget which ensured the work would get done that the $30,000 was targeted for.
- There was a clear mission and measurable objectives for the proposal.
- Challenge Aspen staff provided the documents I needed in a timely way and they gave me excellent feedback to ensure that the narrative accurately reflected the needs of the program.
- Challenge Aspen had a competent grant writer (moi!)
Improve your grant writing by looking at some successful grant samples.
Want more grant writing tools? Become a member of GrantGoddess.com!
Free webinar - Grant Writing Tips